The Hot Handle

A blog interspersed with occasional gluten free recipes.

Please note: If you have a family member who requires a gluten free diet, be sure to use a cast iron skillet that has never previously touched gluten....and if it has, scrub it all down completely and re-season, to be on the safe side.

Looking for information on Celiac Disease? There are many good sites, but here is one to get started with:
www.celiacdisease.net/celiac-disease-101.



Saturday, January 7, 2012

Angels Watching Over Me



I believe in angels.

Sometimes things just can't be explained.
Some will say it's coincidence.
But how do we really know?

I have hints in the past of my deceased grandfather interceding on my behalf.

Now I have another heavenly being watching over me. 
(Technically, people who die and go to heaven become saints, not angels.)

My dear Mom passed away on January 1, 2012.
We will all miss her.

Since then, my Dad has experienced wonky things with the clocks.
He thinks it's her doing.
Then again, she always had a sense of humor.

When I came home from the burial yesterday,
I found an interesting e-mail on my work site.
It seems that a project that I requested grant money for may be reconsidered.
Did Mom whisper in someone's ear?
I'll never know, but it's a comforting thought.
Even if I don't receive the grant in the end, it's okay.

I have angels watching over me.


If you have an angel story, I'd love to hear it.
Please share in the comments below.