The Hot Handle

A blog interspersed with occasional gluten free recipes.

Please note: If you have a family member who requires a gluten free diet, be sure to use a cast iron skillet that has never previously touched gluten....and if it has, scrub it all down completely and re-season, to be on the safe side.

Looking for information on Celiac Disease? There are many good sites, but here is one to get started with:
www.celiacdisease.net/celiac-disease-101.



Saturday, December 17, 2011

Singing a Song

The day after Thanksgiving, I always tune into a local FM radio station, "Lite 100.5."    This station plays strictly Christmas music from Thanksgiving through Christmas.  Others think I am nuts at first, but then don't complain as we listen to toe-tapping beats of familiar tunes.

I figure that there is one month out of twelve that I get to do this, so what the heck?

As I pondered why I like Christmas music so much, I decided that it is some of the most "singable" music around.  We all know the tunes and the words (mostly), so belting out a few lines comes naturally.

I am sure that my musically-inclined friends will agree that singing is good for the soul.

I am thinking that singing a song a day will be a good New Year's Resolution.  I have already been trying to sing out loud a tune from the radio as I drive to work, whether I feel like it or not.

Other singable songs include songs from the "Great American Songbook" and Country music.

Yes, singing a song a day will make a good New Year's Resolution.