The Hot Handle

A blog interspersed with occasional gluten free recipes.

Please note: If you have a family member who requires a gluten free diet, be sure to use a cast iron skillet that has never previously touched gluten....and if it has, scrub it all down completely and re-season, to be on the safe side.

Looking for information on Celiac Disease? There are many good sites, but here is one to get started with:
www.celiacdisease.net/celiac-disease-101.



Thursday, April 26, 2012

If you want to see a rainbow, you gotta have rain.




Hubby and I decided to go for a walk last night.  I looked out and saw that the back porch was wet, but it didn't seem to be raining at the time.  I had partially cleaned up from dinner.  I'd finish after we returned.  We should seize the moment!

After grabbing jackets, we headed down the street, looping around the cul-de-sac. We were homeward bound when we looked at the sky.

"I wonder if there's a rainbow,"  Hubby mused.  We looked around and, sure enough, a faint rainbow was in the sky, opposite the sun.

As we watched, the rainbow became clearer.  We could see all the colors, even the violet.

All I had was my cell phone, so I took photos with it.  It worked!

We stood there a while, admiring nature's beauty.  What had started as a mist was turning into a light rain.

"Oh, it's raining,"  I pouted.

"Well, if you want to see a rainbow, you gotta have rain." 

So true.