The Hot Handle

A blog interspersed with occasional gluten free recipes.

Please note: If you have a family member who requires a gluten free diet, be sure to use a cast iron skillet that has never previously touched gluten....and if it has, scrub it all down completely and re-season, to be on the safe side.

Looking for information on Celiac Disease? There are many good sites, but here is one to get started with:
www.celiacdisease.net/celiac-disease-101.



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Iron Skillet Potatoes


Fuschia are so lovely....the colorful cascading blossoms are one of my favorites. 

I actually got the idea for this blog while thinking of one of my favorites:  skillet potatoes!  This is what I basically previously made with my 10-inch skillet.  Easy, delicious, and gluten free, even when I didn't care about gluten free recipes.  Enjoy!

Iron Skillet Baked Potato Fries

Preheat the oven to 425. 

Cut up 4 medium potatoes.
Cut them any way you wish:  chunks?  steak fries?

Put them in a bowl with 2 Tbs olive oil.
Mix it up.

Add a Tbs. of seasoning.  I love this WOW! seasoning that I picked up in one of our jaunts to Rhinebeck, NY.  If you use your own creativity, be sure to add some salt.  Mix it up again.

 

Pour it all into your 10" skillet.

Place skillet of potatoes into oven for 20-25 minutes.

Stir.  BE CAREFUL because it's VERY HOT!

Put back in oven for another 20-25 minutes. 

WOW!!!!